Effective Date: 25th November 2020
GETTING IN TOUCH
Contact for Privacy Questions | Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
We will use your personal information in compliance with all applicable privacy principles and, if they apply to the work we do with you, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any replacement legislation or regulation or guidelines and standards governing the use, storage or transmission of personal data.
WHO THIS POLICY APPLIES TO
OUR PRIVACY REQUIREMENTS
As we are the providers of the products and services on this Site, we determine how and why your data is processed. Please be reassured, we do not sell or rent your details to any third parties. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
COLLECTION OF YOUR DATA
When you visit our Site, we are collecting data. You might provide this data by completing a form or sending us an email, otherwise we might collect the data automatically.
We may also collect data when:
- You interact with us on social media
- You accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on any device you use to interact with us
- You submit your data to us for any reason
The data we may collect:
- Contact details (name, address, email)
- Financial Information (bank details if you become our customer)
- Data about the products or services you purchase
- Data that identifies you (your IP address, login, browser type, time zone, browser plugins, geolocation, what operating system and version)
- Data on how you use our Site (URL clicks, products and services views, how long you are on our pages and other actions)
USE OF YOUR DATA AND DISCLOSURE
We will only use Your Data for specific reasons.
We will use your data for the purposes it was collected and related purposes including:
- To run our Site
- Provide you with products, information and services
- Customer support
- Improve our Site
- Make your experience on our Site more efficient and enjoyable
- Market research e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services
- Provide you with information about events, other products or services or opportunities that may be of interest
- Marketing (with your consent)
- Monitor your compliance with our Website Terms and Conditions
We may disclose your data for the purposes it was collected and also:
- As required by law subject to our obligations
- With your consent
- Within our business
- Send you marketing material (with your consent)
IF YOU WISH TO LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF DATA WE COLLECT
You can choose not to provide us with any personal data. We will not be able to provide you with any products or services, however, you can continue to use our Site and browse the pages of our Site.
TURNING OFF COOKIES
You can turn off cookies by activating the setting in your browser that allows you to do this. You can also delete cookies through your browser settings. If you do decide to turn off cookies, you can continue to use the Site, however, certain services may not work as effectively.
We will always inform you if we intend to use your data for marketing (for example: you subscribe for a free guide and we let you know that we will add you to our mailing list) and if third parties are involved we will obtain your consent (which you can withdraw at any time). You can change your mind about marketing material by opting out by (a) completing the contact us form on our contact page or by unsubscribing within the email if you have previously subscribed to our newsletter.
YOU CAN ACCESS INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (e.g. another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights). We will tell you if we cannot comply with your request and why.
You can contact us to ask us to correct any information we hold about you, that you believe is inaccurate.
OBJECTIONS TO USING DATA FOR PROFILING OR AUTOMATED DECISIONS
We may use your data to determine what products and services are relevant to you (e.g. tailoring our emails based on your behaviour). Otherwise, the only circumstances in which we will use this data is to provide our products and services to you.
REMOVAL OF YOUR DATA
You have the right to request for your data to be erased from our systems. We will do this, except to the extent of any information we are required to hold due to our legal obligations.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE A COMPLAINT REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR DATA
HOW SECURE IS THE DATA COLLECTED
We realise that our customers trust us to protect their data and whilst we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, or receive from us, we take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your data. This includes the following:
- Password access to accounts
- Storing electronic data with reputable third party storage providers who have appropriate security protections
- Limit access to personal information to individuals who need to know.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE DATA
We will keep your data for as long as we need it and this period will also depend on your interactions with us. If you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing and tax purposes. When we no longer need to keep your information, we will delete it.
THIRD PARTIES WHO PROCESS YOUR DATA
We share data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Our suppliers and service providers working for us
- Our professional and legal advisors
- Law enforcement or other government authorities
- Where we have your consent to do so or otherwise where we are legally permitted to do so.
COOKIES AND HOW TO BLOCK THEM
What are cookies?
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes. They do not harm your systems and the HELP function in your browser will tell you how to restrict or block the cookies. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you use browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
We may use web beacons (or clear gifs) on our website and in our emails. So basically when we send emails, we have the ability to track behaviour such as who opened the emails, who clicked the links and collect information such as your IP address, your browser or email type, we then put this information together to improve the performance of our email campaigns and provide you with better and/or services specific to your needs. You will always have the ability to opt out of any emails we send just click the link in the email that says “unsubscribe”.